This is the best case scenario if Hillary Clinton beats Donald Trump:
- She will do nothing to address income (much less wealth) inequality
- She won’t stop, but will only temporarily block, assaults on reproductive rights
- Trump’s proto-fascist (one even hesitates to call it a “movement” — it’s so inchoate) stampede will gain momentum, as she betrays the people who voted for her
- The war on whistle blowers will accelerate (under the guise of “security”)
- The war on civil liberties will accelerate (ditto)
- She’ll deliver on LGBT issues (to the limited extent she can with a hostile congress)
- She’ll deliver on reproductive rights (to the limited extent she can with a hostile congress)
- She’ll pave the way for full-on fascism in 2020
It’s not even a Hobson’s choice. It’s no choice at all.
We might be better off if Trump would win now. At least there’d be some semblance of opposition.
If Clinton wins an extremely narrow victory(as seems likely) , there will be still more gridlock. The economic/social pressure will continue to build behind the dam. The corporate Democrats will be even more firmly in the saddle and will do everything in their power to throttle “the democratic wing of the Democratic Party,” leaving themselves and the country vulnerable to an overtly fascist Republican demagogue.
And in 2020 it’ll be full-on “sieg heil y’all.”