(photo from the BBC)
Caricatures of current (soon to be ex) Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio and Donald Trump, by an unidentified artist, from a get-out-the-vote event in Phoenix.
Arpaio, an early and ardent Trump supporter, is infamous for his racial profiling activities and his alleged (must get that “alleged” in there) corruption and use of his office to harass the press and political opponents. He’ll shortly be facing federal criminal contempt of court charges.
No comment necessary about Trump other than that this is a very good likeness, and that it’s particularly impressive given that it’s a blow-up figure. The likeness of Arpaio is even better than that of Trump.
- Oct. 11 hearing set in contempt against Sheriff Joe Arpaio (tucson.com)
- Arpaio plans to appeal 1st punishments in contempt case (sfgate.com)
- Justice Dept. will now decide on bringing contempt charges against Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio (unreportedtoday.com)
- New Poll: Arizona is a ‘battleground’ state (blogforarizona.net)
- Trump’s voter intimidation squads could face a year in prison (ukprogressive.co.uk)